Thursday, July 22, 2010

Only God Could

As I finish my eighth week here at Lifeline it is hard to believe that I only have two weeks before my internship is over. In some ways it seems hard to believe that so much time has passed and in other ways it seems like it has been forever since I was on the campus of KCU. In some ways everything here still seems new and unfamiliar and in some ways I have relaxed into a routine. While I don't always feel like an adult I think it will be weird to return and be a student again. I have been blessed to have met a lot of people.
This is what has been the best thing about my internship. While being here I have been able to get to know people better that I knew before. There were people that I knew before my internship, people I had volunteered with or who I went to Haiti with that work at Lifeline. I have been blessed to get to know those people both in and out of the office as I have worked with them and as they have welcomed me into their homes. I reconnected with many people that I went to Haiti with. Many of the people that I went to Haiti with are supporters of Lifeline and have been to the office and so I have seen them and been able to encourage each other. I have also been able to meet many people that I didn’t know before and probably would have never met. These people have welcomed me into their churches and given of their resources and time to Lifeline.
It always amazes me how God provides the right people for the need. He provides for the physical needs, whether its kids donating peanut butter, stores donating shoes that didn’t sale, or doctors donating equipment and supplies. He provides for the means by sending people who financially support Lifeline whether it be families that sponsor children in Haiti, churches who support Lifeline, or kids that participate in food bagging events. And he provides for the work whether it is people who go on mission trips or people who come to volunteer their time in the office. God uses people from all walks of life to accomplish his work, people with different ages and skills. And it doesn’t just stop here. The same is true of those who work in foreign fields. We were able to see that last week when the foreign staff came last week. Only God could orchestrate such a ministry that involves thousands ministering to thousands a week. He knows both the big details and the small details, both here and overseas. I have been blessed to spend time and learn from those He is using in such a symphony.

No comments:

Post a Comment