Friday, July 16, 2010

Even When We Can't See It

I am finding the more and more that I work in this ministry I must trust that God is working through the work I am doing whether I see the results or not. At many times I feel far removed from the work that I am doing. I cannot see the people I am helping but I know that what we do in the United States directly affects those in the foreign field. When I was in Haiti I knew how important it was to remember everything I was seeing because I wanted to tell everyone here in the US so that they could respond need. Now that I am doing the administrative side of things, it is sometimes discouraging, and it can be hard to remember that this work is as much a help to the people as the work that is done in the field.
On Sunday I visited a VBS and God gently reminded me of this. I had to drive 2 hours to get to this VBS where I spoke for 15 minuets to a group of only 10 kids. I had to trust that God had me there for a reason. It should not matter that it was small church and that I had to travel so far to speak there. For that small time God had used me in some way to touch those kids and adults. He knows what their lives and futures hold and I just had to trust.
This week has been a unique opportunity because we able to get a small glimpse of work we do. This week administrators from every country Lifeline works in have been. These men and their families, from Haiti, Honduras, El Salvador, and Cuba have been here for the 30 Anniversary Celebration we held for Lifeline supporters. While they have been here we have been encouraged by their stories and testimonies about all that God is doing in their countries. They speak with such passion about all that it is not hard to see that God is doing great things in these countries! It has also been fun to talk with them and see their excitement at doing things here in America. This week we have had several fun activities planned for them and the staff at Lifeline and it has been great to talk with them and here their stories. Its also fun to learn new words because three of them speak Spanish and one if them speaks Creole  It was a great opportunity for all of us, the staff, administrators, and supporters. We were able to support each other and learn about those we had only read about. We all were able to hear how God was using us in each others countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment