Friday, June 25, 2010

What its all about

I have now finished my fourth week at Lifeline. This week I worked on all kinds of activities that dealt with sponsors of Lifeline. Lifeline has a sponsorship program where people in the US can sponsor a child in Haiti and Honduras. Monday and Tuesday I worked on processing gifts that sponsors sent to their children. It was so fun because it was Christmas in July. The gifts coming in July will be given to the kids at Christmas. Sponsors can send gifts to their sponsored children four times a year. I had to go through all of the gifts, check them, label them, and put them in bags and then put them in boxes. It was so fun to see what the sponsors sent to their kids. One day I also went through correspondence from Honduras children to their sponsors. I had to read the letters and get them ready to send to the sponsors. It was so fun to see what all of the kids said to their sponsors. I also worked on gift in kind sheets for donations made to Lifeline. These forms are for all donations that people make to Lifeline that aren’t money, whether it be food, clothing, or medical supplies. These forms help the donors get tax breaks on their donations and it helps Lifeline keep track of their assets. I had to go through these letters and make sure they were in the donor database and get letters ready to send to the donors, thanking them for their donations.
Without the support of donors Lifeline would not be able to continue the work that they do. These donors can have a personal relationship with kids living in poverty. The thing that I love the most about Lifeline is that they pair people in the US with people in the Haiti and Honduras. So often, we want to help those in poverty but we never know where to start. Through programs like missions trips and child sponsorship he pairs those of us with plenty with those who have not enough. I so enjoy seeing how God uses people’s talents and resources, whatever they may be, to further the work of Lifeline. It is so great to see how people so willing use what they have to help, and it is always what we need. Peoople are able to help a kid who needs it. People are able to help those in other countries both from the US and on the field. That is what it really is about for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment